Candid Family Portraits


Here is my best friend in the whole world's family. I'm sure that grammar is improper and she is a teacher and will scold me for that! I love taking pictures of Ben. He is such a character, and I'm sure with his influence baby Oliver will be nothing short of a funny man too. I'm always struggling with the rules of photography and portraiture when it comes to making nice pictures of families. As a photographer people assume I can make their babies smile, or children laugh, to which I often say, I'm not a clown! But I do have a few tricks up my sleeve. And the best trick is making the parents work for that smile. You know the funny things that your kids laugh at hysterically right? Well, as you can see, Ben thinks his Dad's jokes are the bee's knees. 

So here you go world, non traditional family portraits. Simple, candid, and downright beautiful if I do say so myself.