Save the Date

I have wanted to write about this day for quite some time. This wedding occurred quite by accident and fate definitely had some part. It's kind of a long story! Arn't they all? It goes like this...

My long time friend from high school phones me at midnight on a Friday. My immediate thoughts are "are you drunk calling me?'
No. He goes on to tell me that he needs my help to shoot this wedding for his close friends the next day. Crazy right. I reluctantly agreed, not knowing what I was getting into. My thoughts remained on his words, "please, you'll save the day Heather, please!"
I tried to sleep that night to have a fresh head for the morning travel, and shoot the next day. I had some trouble as you may imagine. However I did arrive, and met my friend who introduced me to Colleen. She was so happy to meet me and I knew instantly that this was going to be a great day. The wedding was beautiful. I know every photographer says this, but it was. The couple Adam and Colleen were so easy to work for. Their love for each other was quiet through the day, but you could see and feel the intense emotion. Their family and friends were so grateful that I could help them out and capture the day for them. Almost all of the family and quite a few friends personally thanked me for coming on such short notice, and "saving the day."

The venue was Asbury Hall and it is absolutely stunning. The venue is owned by Righteous Babe Music or Ani Difranco, who I'm told bought the venue to save it from being torn down. Ani Difranco's music was a soundtrack for the end of high school for me, so this was another twist of fate saying "ha ha, knew you'd be here" The basement of the venue has old posters and concert stuff from Ani, very cool to any fan. The architecture, buildings and alleys of the area provided a great backdrop for the after ceremony shoot.

The party was GREAT. Mikey did a fantastic job of keeping everyone dancing and bringing true excitement to the party. I hope every DJ out there has the opportunity to be at an event with this man when he brings the party. He plays songs that I don't hear at every wedding. If I hear "Celebrate good times Come on" one more time at a wedding, I know it is because you are just not trying anymore. We are getting off topic here...

This is by far my favourite wedding of my career. It resonated with me in a way I can't describe. Sometimes life gives you a call in the middle of the night asking you to do something. I hope I get the opportunity to answer that call from fate again.

Thank you Mikey for believing in me.